Thursday 30 August 2007

Common's Finding Forever: 'The People' & 'The Game'

Common 'The People' Video


Common 'The Game' Video


Time for an update! I've been hella busy / lazy lately and not updated for ages, apologies. Seeing as it's been a while, I thought I'd update with everything I've been listening to recently and since my last post.

First up, Common's 'Finding Forever' LP is hot shit... Videoes above are for 'The People' & 'The Game' singles. These tracks are produced by Kanye West & DJ Premier respectively. Whilst they're definitely two of the strongest tracks on the album, the whole thing is packed with gems and I strongly recommend you check it out. Other guests include Lily Allen, Will.I.Am, Bilal and D'Angelo. Production is mainly handled by Kanye West, who does a good job. The legacy, spirit and music of J Dilla is present throughout the album and it seems like Kanye has switched up and Dilla-ized his style in honour. Peep it!

Information and track listing

No comments: